While these cookies are wonderful stand-alone cookies, this recipe is here
only for me to use as the base for one of my cheesecake recipes.
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter (was chilled)
- 1 + 1/4 cups sugar (divided)
- Grated peel of 2 lemons
- 1-Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/4-teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 3-large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Using
an electric mixer, combine the butter, about 1-cup of the sugar, the lemon
peel and juice until fluffy.
- Mix in the egg; add the flour, baking soda, salt and combine.
- Place the remaining 1/4-cup of sugar in a small bowl. Roll heaping
teaspoons of dough into balls, then roll in the sugar. Place on the
prepared cookie sheets a few inches apart. Bake until golden around
the edges, about 15 minutes. Transfer the cookie sheets to racks to